Dr Bakul Arora is a Consultant Joint Replacement Surgeon with a vast experience of 3250 knee and hip replacements over 5 years. He has presented various papers at international and national forums.
He was a delegate at the International Society of Technology in Arthroplasty held in Japan 2014, where he presented:
- Podium presentation on “Subvastus approach in Revision TKR”
- Poster presentation on “Midterm results of CR prosthesis in gross deformities.”
He was the Guest Faculty at North Zone Orthopaedic Conference held at Amritsar 2014 where he spoke about Subvastus techniques in total knee replacements.
He was a Faculty at Revision Knee Symposium, held had Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad in 2015, where he was involved actively in training young orthopaedics surgeons via various workshops on revision knee surgeries.
He pursued his MBBS from prestigious Kasturba Medical College, Manipal from 2003-09 and held distinction throughout. He then went on to do his masters in Orthopaedics from reputed and charitable institution of Father Muller Medical College, Mangalore from 2009-2012.
He specializes in Mini-Invasive Joint Replacement Techniques and offers three of the most important benefits to his patients:
- Painless Surgery.
- Fast recovery.
His key skills are:
- Minimally invasive arthroplasty and trauma surgeries.
- Ultrasound guided Adductor canal blocks.
- Aptitude for academics, research & podium presentations.
He has participated actively in research and few of his acclaimed works include:
- A study to observe the Neurological Outcome following early spine stabilization and decompression for patients with thoraco-lumbar fractures. Published in Karnataka Orthopaedic Association Journal, Jan 2012.
- A case report on an unusual presentation of Glomus tumor. Published in Karnataka Orthopaedic Association Journal, Jan 2012.
- Case report on Displaced Hahn Steinthal fracture. Published in IOSR-JDMS journal, Dec 2012.
- Surgical Technique in hand surgery: a novel way of preventing and correcting angular deformities during distraction osteogenesis. Published in Journal of Orthopaedics and allied sciences 2014.
- Case report: Arthroscopic reduction and percutaneous fixation of Glenoid fracture. Published in Journal of Case Reports, 2014.
Consultant Joint Replacement & Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBBS, MS (ORTHO), Fellowship (Mumbai, Japan)
Subvastus Knee Replacement, Direct Anterior Hip Replacement Surgery, Trauma, Arthroscopy, Sports Medicine